Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo
- Model: Reconditioned 2002 model
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 19hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 2 Blade, Bronze, Folding
- Year: 1984
- Engine Hours: 290
Administration & Accounts Woolverstone Marina
Woolverstone, Ipswich, Suffolk, GB, IP9 1AS
- Quarter berth to port of companionway steps
- Large chart table to starboard.
- L format surface galley to starboard adjacent to companionway steps.
- Quality stove.
- Single settee berth to starboard with pilot berth over.
- Central twin leaf teak table in saloon
- Some minor cosmetic updates required in some areas ie trim.
- L layout seating forming single settee berth with stowage under to portside midships saloon.
- Heads in lobby between saloon and forward cabin to portside.
- Hanging locker in lobby opposite heads.
- Forward vee double berth with infil.
- Teak/holly strip floor.
- Deep cockpit coamings
- High safe step over to companionway steps. Reduces chance of water ingress to cabin.
- Mainsheet track centrally placed athwart cockpit, easy control from helm position.
- Deep cockpit locker starboard side.
- Keel and hull epoxied 2012
- New toilet 2017
- New stove 2016
- Anti slip finish to wide side decks.
- 6 berths.
- Sprayhood and stackpac 2016
- Fractional Rig
- Standing rigging original fit.
- Running rigging ( circa 2014)
- Maisail: slab with 3 reefing points
- Headsail: furling
- Spinnaker pole
- Mainsail ( circa 2014)
- Foresail ( circa 2014)
- Other sails ( circa 2010)
- Autopilot: St2000 (circa 2013)
- Chart plotter with AIS and built in GPS (circa 2014)
- Tacktic wind speed and depth instrumentation. (circa 2014)
- VHF: icom (circa 2015)
- Twin bulkhead steering compasses
- Clock / barometer 2010
- Large chart table with chart stowage within.
- Navigation lights
The Sigma 33 OOD is the higher performance version of the Sigma 33 cruiser-racer design. Despite nominally being a racing design, these boats make equally good - and very fast - cruisers, with a fully fitted cruising interior.
The Sigma 33 OOD (Offshore One Design) was designed by David Thomas, and introduced in 1978, becoming an immediate success. The original Sigma 33 OOD had a deep fin keel and fractional rig. From 1981 onwards a 'detuned' cruising version was produced, with less sail area on a shorter masthead rig, and a shallower but heavier fin keel. Although still moderately fast yachts, and excellent boats, these were never as popular as the original OOD versions, which were equally capable as cruising and racing yachts.
About 450 of the two types were built, until production ended in the early 1990s. 'Practical Boat Owner' describe the design as ".... an excellent fast cruiser", and 'Sailing Today' said the design was ".... fast, stable, and of course, a pleasure to sail". Despite being an old design, Sigma 33s still turn up doing well in almost every major offshore event's race results, and have made long passages as pure cruisers - at least one has circumnavigated and several have crossed the Atlantic. Their heavy weather ability was proved early on as two survived the 1979 Fastnet race.
With thanks to Yachtsnet.
- Battery state monitor
- Batteries : Service 1x 100 Ah Domestic 2x 100 Ah
- Battery charger
- Shore power with lead
- Volvo 2002 marine diesel, raw water cooled.
- Owner advises rebuild carried out 2012 and 290 hours use since.
- New shaft and stern gear.2012.
Precious Marine offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Some websites that link to us may not drag the full information across please feel free to click the link and ask for the full inventory. www.preciousmarine.co.uk - Head office 01473 780286 - Ask about our Fixed Price Brokerage scheme.
Precious Marine Yacht Brokerage
01473 780286 ext 1 Graham
Ashore here at Woolverstone Marina Suffolk. IP9 1AS