Trawler Malahide Beaver Class
North Fambridge, United Kingdom
Trawler for sale. Motor yacht for sale. Houseboat for sale. Built by Ranafjord boat yard in Norway in 1969 and fitted out by Malahide in Ireland as a motor yacht, refitted in Malta in 1984/5. Oak over Pine frames with Iroko decks and Aluminium superstructure. Partially remodeled to create a spacious live aboard vessel by the current owners. Three cabins with focsle, three heads/shower compartments, full galley, saloon, wheelhouse (in operation) and navigator's room. A small amount of external deck and topsides timber work required plus refitting of the saloon to the new owners preference.
- Year Built: 1969
- Hull Material: Wood
- Length: 60 ft
- Min Draft: 8' 6"
- Length Overall: 60' 0"
- Displacement: 116480 pound
- Number of Engines: 1
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Propeller Type: 4 Blade, Bronze
- Total Power: 220 hp
- Cruising Speed: 8 knots
- Fuel Tankage: 2 x 4546 l
- Water Tankage: 2 x 3637 l
- Saloon in original condition. Currently fitted with 40 inch TVs, satellite receiver and morso log burner. Re-carpeted - 2017
- stripped back to the frame, insulated and panelled. New bed and wardrobe installed. New carpeting and skirting
- stripped back to the frame, insulated and panelled. New double bed and shelving installed. New laminate floor and skirting.
- in original condition.
- two head/shower compartments forward of the cabins with Lavac marine toilets
- currently used as a store room, with head/shower compartment
Heating by oil fired boiler and radiators
- 2 battery banks, 460 and 690Ah
- constavolt output of 60 amps at 24 volts
- lighting in all cabins
- 7kw, 50hz 230v generator
- shore supply
- sockets throughout all cabins
- lighting in all cabins
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Furuno 36 mile radar
- Sailor 400w transceiver on own battery
- Dancon VHF
- Pinta autopilot with integrating unit
- Walker log
- Seafarer depth sounder with Ferrograph recorder
- Rolls Royce SF 65CTM turbocharged diesel
- 220 hp at 1800 rpm
- 3:1 reduction gear
Machinery known to require service and thorough check before proceeding to sea.
- LPG cooker - 2016
- 240v fridge installed - 2016
- Laminate flooring
- U shaped settee seating to table
- sink/drainer unit with mixer tap
Hull, Deck and Deck Equipment
- Danish Oak planking 1 3/4" to 2 1/8" thick over 6x5" min Pine frames
- Aluminium superstructure
- repainted 2012 and 2016
- port top hull plank replaced (starboard required)
- 1/2" marine ply bulwarks on frame extensions
- Iroko planking 1 3/4" thick over deck beams, screwed and doweled. Small amount requiring replacement, majority already done.
- Francis 2000 windlass with counter
- 65 fathoms of 5/8" chain
- Neco AJO650 capstan on aft deck
- small inflatable
MV Bivrost is one of only two surviving Beaver class Malahide trawlers and further information on this class of vessel can be found on the classic trawlers website, www.classictrawlers.net
She was bought by the present owners in 2012 and has undergone a restoration/conservation process whilst in their ownership. A change of location and lifestyle requires the sale of the vessel.
Precious Marine Ltd offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer. Some websites that link to us may not drag the full information across please feel free to click the link and ask for the full inventory. www.preciousmarine.co.uk - +44 (0)1621 776050; 07768 474575
Additional Contact Information
For further information, photographs and to view please contact
Mark Whitley at the Bradwell office of Precious Marine
01621 776050; 07768 474575; email@example.com